- To promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of Australia and China.
- To support and assist visitors from the People’s Republic of China.
- To take part in social welfare and education projects in the People’s Republic of China.
What the West Australian Society Does?
- Works to cultivate and strengthen friendly relations with the peoples of China.
- Arranges special interest functions for members and visitors from China.
- Publishes a quarterly Branch News letter
- Maintains an Internet site.
- Assists in the recruitment of English teachers for Chinese educational institutions.
- Organises and promotes tours to China.
- Supports welfare projects in China.
- Liaises with other Chinese community organisations.
- Encourages visits and the exchange of ideas, culture, information and trade between Australia and China.
- Encourages the learning of Mandarin, by presenting awards to successful students in local schools
- Donates scholarships to worthy students in China.
- Provides speakers to talk about China to school and other organisations.
JOIN THE SOCIETY